Friday, December 19, 2008

On writing paranormal




I’m Barbara Edwards and my first paranormal romance, Ancient Awakening is being released by The Wild Rose Press in 2009. After writing two historical romances and a romantic suspense, I’ve found my niche.
Writing paranormal shows the darker side of my soul. I love researching the wicked and evil, then twisting truth with fiction into a story.
I’ve been checking old and new scary stories to keep fresh. I watched the Haunting of Hill House, the Shining, and read Steven King’s Duma’s Key. All were frightening, but didn’t have enough romance for my taste. I like my characters to face fear, to find the facts and solve the mystery while finding out their strengths and weaknesses. The hardest part is keeping my hero and heroine alive to find love.
In Ancient Awakening, Police Officer ‘Mel’ Petersen investigates a death only she believes is murder. By disobeying direct orders from the Rhodes End Chief, she risks her career to follow clues that twist in circles to her backyard and lead the killer to her.
Her neighbor Stephan Zoriak is a prime suspect. Steve worked for a major pharmaceutical company where he discovered a weapon so dangerous he destroys the research. He is exposed to the dangerous organism. He suspects he is the killer and agrees to help her find the truth.
In the course of their investigation Mel and Steve find the real killer and a love that defies death.


Check out my website: http://www.barbaraedwards.net/ for excerpts and buy links
Go to my blog, Barb’Ed Comments, http://barbaraedwards.net/blog/blog.asp for some interesting interviews with other authors and a few personal views on writing. Feel free to leave a comment for me or any other authors featured here.

9 comments:

Historical Writer/Editor said...

Congratulations! I wish you well with your writing. -Laura

Susan Macatee said...

Sounds like a great story, Barbara! I mostly write historical, but have always felt drawn to the paranormal too!

Amber Polo said...

Congratulations, Sounds wonderful.
Amber

Viola Estrella said...

Congratulations, Barbara! This sounds like a powerful story. I love how the hero thinks he might be the killer.

joviangeldeb said...

Congrats. I love your cover.
Deb

Mary Ricksen said...

Paranormals are my addiction!!
Great Cover too/

Destiny Blaine said...

Congrats, Barbara. The blog looks fantastic! :))

Happy Holidays,
Destiny Blaine

Clover Autrey said...

Whoa, they did a great job on your cover. Very eye-catching. Sounds like this book is going to be a winner. The plot sounds right up my alley.

Linda LaRoque said...

I agree, great cover and I love the title. It sounds like a thrilling read. Best of luck.

Linda
www.lindalaroque.com